Reality Lane’s Kindness (December)
Get the Flash Player to see this content.
What is kindness?
Kindness is being helpful, thoughtful, caring, compassionate, and considerate.
Suggested Classroom Activities Character Newsletter
How do you demonstrate your kindness?
- Doing something for someone without being asked.
- Saying or do something to make someone feel part of my class or group.
- Helping someone to solve a problem or to complete a task.
- Greeting everyone with a smile and a friendly word.
- Thinking of someone else’s needs before my own.
- Letting others know I care about their feelings.
Suggested Home Activities:
- Openly recognize the kind things that your fellow family members have done for you this week.
- As a family choose a kind deed to engage in together in your community.
- How can you as a family recognize through kindness a family member who is far away?
- Have each family member keep a kindness journal and every day write in it both what kindness they have done, and what has been done for them.
- What might your family have that can be given in kindness to those in more need? We all have something that would be a gift to others – food, clothing, time – you can even give your Frequent Flyer Miles!