Reality Lane’s Responsibility (October)
Get the Flash Player to see this content.
What is responsibility?
Responsibility is meeting obligations by being reliable, accountable, and dependable to self and others.
Suggested Classroom Activities Character Newsletter
How do you demonstrate your responsibility?
- I do what needs to be done – and make sure to fulfill my moral obligations.
- I persevere, even when things are tough, I keep on trying!
- I always try to do my best.
- I think before I act by thinking through the consequences of my actions.
- I am self-disciplined, reliable and dependable.
- I use self-control and good judgment.
- I am accountable for my choices and actions by not making excuses or blaming others.
Suggested Home Activities:
- What does responsibility look like (actions and behavior)? Brainstorm ways people are responsible.
- Create a home responsibility chart with your family. Have each member choose three of the responsibilities they can do at home. Then, the following week, carry out the selected responsibilities. Discuss with your family how the experience was. Why did they each select their responsibility? How did they enjoy doing the tasks?