National Youth Violence Prevention Week
Broward County Public schools celebrates National Youth Violence Prevention Week. During this weeklong national education initiative, activities will be enacted to raise awareness and educate students, teachers, administrators, resource officers, and the community on effective ways to prevent or reduce youth violence. Each day of the week focuses on a specific violence prevention strategy.
Upcoming National Youth Violence Prevention Weeks:
- March 19-March 23, 2012
- March 18-22, 2013
- April 7-11, 2014
Violence Prevention Week’s Focus Days
- Day 1: Promote Respect and Tolerance, Sponsored by Teaching Tolerance
- Day 2: Manage Your Anger, Sponsored by the American School Counselor Association
- Day 3: Resolve Conflicts Peacefully, Sponsored by the Association For Conflict Resolution
- Day 4: Support Safety, Sponsored by the National Youth Court Center
- Day 5: Unite in Action, Sponsored by Youth Service America
Besides the National Youth Violence Prevention website, activities to support each day’s focus can be found on the Broward Enterprise Education Portal (B.E.E.P.) under Discovery Health.